~Towards Advancement of Saudi Automobile Industries~ JICE Conducts 2017 SJAHI Training Programs and SJAHI Student Overseas Internship Program in Japan
1. JICE organized and conducted three training programs for Saudi Japanese Automobile High Institute (SJAHI)* : Management & Administration Program; Senior Instructor Training Program, both from November 5th to December 7th 2017; and SJAHI Student Overseas Internship Program in Japan from July 30th to August 10th, 2017.
2. Management & Administration Training Program joined by three participants from SJAHI, is focused on the method of school management, test and evaluation system, establishment of curriculum, and leadership cultivation. It is intended to develop human resources who will contribute to sustainable operation and management of SJAHI. After taking lectures on business manner, Japanese culture and language, and report writing at JICE headquarters. The participants joined “SHOP Seminar” hosted by RIIM ChuSanRen, a business constancy firm, to learn about business approach and management method characteristic of the Japanese companies. JICE arranged matching site visits to Yomiuri College of Car Mechanic, Nihon Kogakuin College of Hachioji, Nissan Yokohama Factory, Nissan Technical College Yokohama, Toyota Technical College Nagoya, Nagoya Toyopet Cooperation Lexus Takaoka, Kanto Mitsubishi Motor Sales Setagaya, Honda Technical College Kanto and Toyota Technical College Tokyo.
3. The participants in Senior Instructor Training Program received on-site training to catch up with the latest technologies and new generation automobiles at Toyota Motor Corporation and Mazda Motor Cooperation after joining the first half of the Management & Administration program mentioned above.
4. As a wrap-up of the above two programs, JICE held the final reporting & presentation session and a farewell party in the presence of the invited guests involved in both programs. Each of the SJAHI participants gave a presentation about what they learned through the training program and their action plan.
5. Both training programs ended with success thanks to the support and cooperation of Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association (JAMA), each accepting company and school, and all other supporting organizations. The SJAHI participants are expected to play a greater role in the Institute by practicing the knowledge and skills acquired in Japan.
6. JICE arranged and conducted SJAHI Student Overseas Internship Program in Japan from July 30th to August 10th, 2017 designed for the 12 selected SJAHI students led by two SJAHI staff members. This internship program focused on advanced automobile maintenance technologies in order to enhance knowledge and skills of SJAHI students on automobile maintenance. The interns received training at various institutes such as Nihon Kogakuin College of Hachioji, Isuzu Fujisawa Factory, Isuzu Plaza, Honda Technical College Kanto, Kanto Mitsubishi Motor Sales Meguro, NT Auto Service Showajima SC, Nissan Heritage Correction, Kanto Mazda Motor Sales Meguro, and Toyota Factory & Museum in Nagoya. They learned many subjects including EV and hybrid vehicles, customer oriented service spirit required for car dealers, work ethics and 5S and KAIZEN activities through observation, lectures and practical training.
7. With the number of graduates exceeding 2800, SJAHI has become one of the most reputed technical schools in the region. Looking forward, JICE will be committed to the human resources development of Saudi Arabia in support of its Saudization strategy of employment.
* SJAHI was established in September 2002 based on the cooperation between public and private enterprise of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and Japan (Japanese side: Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and JAMA) by the request of the Government of Saudi Arabia. After the cooperation by JICA completed in 2009, JICE was assigned as an implementing organization of Japanese side from Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, and has organized the training programs in Japan, dispatch of long term experts since the assignment.
Administration and Overseas Project Division
International Training Department